- Open to tractors 1960 and older.
- Weights of the bolt-on type. Must be securely fastened to the manufacturer intended position. No weight brackets. No suitcase weights. Any lost parts shall be grounds for disqualification.
- All tractors will be in stock condition as they came from the factory with no pulling enhancing modifications. Stock block and naturally aspirated (exception: tractors originally equipped from the factory with GM two-stroke diesel engines). Stock head, manifold, carburetor, and air cleaner. Replacement manifolds are to be replacement parts accepted for that make and model tractor. Stock engine RPM. Engine parts not in parts books for that specific tractor cannot be used.
- No racing or aviation gasoline octane booster permitted. Tractors must dynamometer on the fuel used during the pull.
- All tires are to be no larger or smaller than one size over or under factory original. No cut tires, radial tires, or chains.
- Tractors will pull from factory original draw bar as measured at top of drawbar or at pull point, stationary in all directions, with a 17 maximum height and 22 minimum length from the center of the axle (6500 lb. Class and under). 20 maximum height and 25 minimum length. (7000 lb. Class and over).
- Factory clevis or shackle may be used, straight or twisted type with a minimum of 2-1/2 hole, bolted or pinned tightly with spacer to drawbar. Pull plate material will be allowed; material cannot be thinner than 3/4 and not thicker than 1-1/4. Plate must have a 2-1/2 hole with a 1 material thickness around the hole. The draw bar must remain inside the opening of the clevis. Any tractor pulling from the NON fixed draw bar (i.e.: draft control, three-point hitch or two-point hitch) Must secure the hitch in a locked position. All tractors without stationary hitches will pull Exhibition Only. TOP OF HITCH ADJUSTER CANNOT BE ABOVE CENTER LINE OF AXLE OR HUB. Except for factory
mounts. (This wording added as per safety committee7/30/03.)
- All tractors will be checked by the tech crew and could be subject to dynamometer and tachometer testing. All decisions of the tech crew and or safety committee and track officials are final.
- Track officials will stop the pull at any time they feel the tractor or driver is unsafe and or the front wheels have exceeded a heights of 16.
- No shifting of gears during the pull (including torque amplifiers).
- Minimum age of driver will be 16. Tech crew will determine if the driver is capable. Driver cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Driver must remain seated. Driver must weigh-in tractor and may be subject to be reweighed after pulling.
- Participants can be disqualified for being discourteous to other participants or to the officials.
- Participants will have 3 minutes to get their tractors to the line upon notice of class line-up; or the line-up committee can disqualify them.
- Appearance. Only parts in the parts book for that model of tractor are allowed. Seats must be stock or a replacement seat with stock mountings. Replacement alternators or straight exhaust pipes are allowed. Stock side shields allowed if factory equipped. Tractor and wheel weights will be to an acceptable width, not to exceed 86.
- Weight Classes
2500 lbs. and under 4500 lbs. and under 6500 lbs. and under 9000 lbs. and under 3000 lbs. and under 5000 lbs. and under 7000 lbs. and under 10,000 lbs. and under 3500 lbs. and under 5500 lbs. and under 7500 lbs. and under 12,000 lbs. and under 4000 lbs. and under 6000 lbs. and under 8000 lbs. and under
- Rules subject to change.
NEW SUMMER SHOW PULLING FORMAT
The directors have decided for the pull at this summers show that you will not have to be an exhibitor, but you will, as
in the past, have to be a member of the Pioneer Steam and Gas Engine Society. Your tractor may pull in one weight
class. You will be eligible to pull both Saturday and Sunday and winners will be determined by adding the distances for
the two pulls together. There will be a $5.00 hook fee payable only once. Any questions please contact David Edder.
NOTE: Pulling schedule at the Summer Show is as follows:
SaturdayWeigh-in 9 to 11:30 am; Registration will close at Noon; Pull at 2:00 pm.
SundayWeigh-in 9:30 to 10:30 am; Registration will close at 10:45;
Pull at 11:00 am., break for parade and finish after parade.
Go back to Pioneer Home Page Email Pioneer Steam & Gas Engine Society: Updated
Tire Sizes and Area in Square Inches
11.2 x 38 = 120 sq. in.
11.2 x 36 = 115 sq. in.
12.4 x 28 = 126 sq. in.
13.6 x 24 = 130 sq. in.
12.4 x 36 = 135 sq. in.
12.4 x 38 = 140 sq. in.
13.6 x 28 = 145 sq. in.
14.9 x 26 = 144 sq. in.
13.6 x 38 = 168 sq. in.
14.9 x 28 = 170 sq. in.
14.9 x 38 = 200 sq. in.
15.5 x 38 = 189 sq. in.
16.9 x 34 = 229 sq. in.
16.9 x 38 = 252 sq. in.
18.4 x 34 = 284 sq. in.
18.4 x 28 = 250 sq. in.
18.4 x 38 = 300 sq. in.
Little Mountain Graphics & Design
Copyright © 2010-2012
Go back to Pioneer Home Page
Email Pioneer Steam & Gas Engine Society: